I got my new camcorder named Sony PMW-EX1R which recorded videos into XDCAM MXF format. The problem is that I can not transfer Sony PMW-EX1R XDCAM MXF to FCP X directly. Please help me out... T.T
The Material eXchange Format (MXF) is an open file format, targeted at the interchange of audio-visual material with associated data and metadata. Absolutely, you can edit Sony PMW-EX1R XDCAM MXF video in Final Cut Pro X. But, you have to transcode MXF to Apple ProRes 422 or Apple Prores 4444, which is native codec for Final Cut Pro X/7, once you converted MXF to Apple ProRes, you can import MXF to Final Cut Pro X/7 without any problems, and you don’t need to render, you can edit the video natively in Final Cut Pro X/7 on Mac.
Pavtube MXF Converter for Mac(Read the review) is highly recommended here. It is the best MXF Converter program, which lets you transcode MXF recordings shot by Sony PMW-EX1R XDCAM, Panasonic P2, Canon XF to native codecs like Apple Intermediate Codec, ProRes and DNxHD which ensure the best results for editing with your video editing software like iMovie, Final Cut Pro, Final Cut Express, Avid Media Composer, Adobe Premiere, etc. Since XDCAM MXF is an MXF variant, the ability to read the MXF file is inherent to the application. With it, you can effortlessly convert Avid MXF into FCP natively supported Apple ProRes codec.
Hot Search: Play MXF with VLC | MXF to Adobe Premiere | MXF to Multi-track Apple Prores
- Pavtube old official address: http://www.pavtube.com/mxf-converter-mac/
- AppStore Download: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/pavtube-mxf-converter/id502807634?mt=12
- Amazon Download: http://www.amazon.com/Pavtube-MXF-Converter-Mac-Download/dp/B00QID8K28
- Cnet Download: http://download.cnet.com/Pavtube-MXF-Converter/3000-2194_4-76177789.html
Converting Avid MXF files to ProRes for FCP
Step 1. click "File">"Add Video/Audio" to load your raw XC10 MXF files into this converter. You can also directly drag your files into this converter if they are on the desktop, which will make your conversion much easier.
Step 2. For editing Avid MXF media in FCP smoothly, choose “Final Cut Pro> Apple PreRes 422″ as the output format.
Tips: 1. For editing Avid MXF in iMovie/FCE, you can choose iMovie and Final Cut Express > Apple InterMediate Codec(AIC)(*mov).
2. You can also press the Settings button to adjust the video size, bitrate, frame rate, audio sample rate, etc to optimize the quality.
Step 3. Click “Convert” button on the main interface to start transcoding Avid MXF to ProRes for Final Cut Pro 7 or FCP X on Mac OS X.
Once the Avid MXF to QuickTime Conversion is done, you can click the Open button to find the converted video files. Now you are free to import/edit Avid MXF files in Final Cut Pro under Mac without problems.
- Import MXF Files to Magix Video Pro X
- How to Stream and Play Canon/Sony/Panasonic MXF Files on Roku 4 Mac El Capitan
- Stream and Play MXF Files on Apple TV 4 Mac OS X El Capitan
- Convert Canon C300 Mark II 4K MXF to Avid MC on Mac
- No Methods of Importing JVC GY-HM650U MXF Files to iMovie?
- How to Play 4K Blu-ray on PC?