Sony's new PMW-300K1 XDCAM camcorder is the first semi-shoulder mount camcorder to combine the benefits of 1/2-inch type Exmor? Full HD 3CMOS sensor technology with 50Mbps HD recording at MPEG HD422, meeting broadcast standards around the world.
If your footage is on an SxS Card, you will be able to import Sony XAVC, XDCAM, XDCAM HD, and XDCAM EX media into Final Cut Pro X, after you have downloaded and installed the XAVC/XDCAM Plug-in for Apple (PDZK-LT2) provided by Sony, then you are off and running and can import into FCP X just as you would with your other footage. Beware, the plugin does not support optical media.
When using Sony Plug-jin for Apple, and edit Sony PMW-300K1 XDCAM media with FCP X, you may still meet some problems. This could happen because of the different codec in a number of XDCAM files as FCP X might not support all of these codecs. And it would be difficult for you to finish the complex procedure. Then just consider an easier and more effective way to solve get all Sony PMW-300K1 XDCAM video and FCP X to work nicely.
The quick workaround is to convert Sony PMW-300K1 XDCAM to FCP supported Prores .mov (the most compatible video format for FCP X) file format and then transfer the converted mov videos to FCP X for editing.
Software you need:
Pavtube HD Video Converter for Mac is the best choice, this video app can deal nearly all kinds hd videos, it can change Sony PMW-300K1 XDCAM Full HD 1920 x 1080 files into a native Prores .mov format for FCP X on Mac. Just to experiment Pavtube HD Video Converter for Mac to convert the XDCAM to Proes 422 and surprisingly it works perfectly in FCP X.
Solution to importing Sony PMW-300K1 XDCAM video to FCP X
Step 1: Run XDCAM to FCP Converter for Mac and you can import PMW-300K video clips to the program through "Add Video" button or "Add from folder" button.
2. Click "Format" bar to determine output format. For natively editing in FCP, you are recommended to choose "Final Cut Pro > Apple ProRes 422 (*.mov)", this format is best for Final Cut Pro X editing.
There are other four presets for ProRes: Apple ProRes 422 HQ, Apple ProRes 422 LT, Apple ProRes 422 Proxy and Apple ProRes 4444. Usually the ProRes 422 HQ has better video quality than ProRes 422 and could meet your needs. If you need smaller size, turn to ProRes 422 LT.
Learn more Apple ProRes, please refer to Types of Apple ProRes Codecs
3. If you would like to customize the video and audio parameters, you can click "settings", adjust the parameters as you want, like Video Codec, aspect ratio, bit rate, frame rate, Audio codec, sampling rate, bit rate, channels.
4. Click "Convert" to start to convert Sony PMW-300K1 XDCAM video to Apple Prores codec for native editing in FCP X.
When the XDCAM to FCP X conversion task is finished, click "Open" button to get the exported files for transferring to Final Cut Pro X with easy editing.
This powerful XDCAM Converter for Mac not only can help you convert XDCAM footage to FCP X, but also enables anyone with XDCAM files to use in any non-linear editor like Adobe Premiere Pro, iMovie, FCE, Avid Media Composer, etc as long as transcode your Sony XDCAM footage to a recognizable format.
- Upload AS200V XAVC S to YouTube or Burn to DVD
- How to Import Sony HDR-CX405 XAVC S/AVCHD/MP4 to FCP X
- Enjoy Sony RX100 IV 4K XAVC S on Zeiss VR One with iPhone 6
- Convert Sony 4K XAVC S to MOV, MP4, AVI, MPG, WMV, FLV, SWF, on PC/Mac
- Convert AX30 4K XAVC S to ProRes/AVI/MPEG-2/WMV for Editing and Playing