Transfer Kids Kindle Edition Fire Compatible Movies
You can transfer movies from a Windows or Mac desktop to your Kids Kindle Edition Fire using the USB cable that came with your Kindle. Both Mac and Windows users can download and transfer compatible movies from a desktop to Kids Kindle Edition Fire using a compatible USB cable. When your Kids Kindle Edition Fire is plugged into your computer, it will appear as a removable mass-storage device. This method is highly recommended.
1. Connect Kids Kindle Edition Fire to your PC/MAC via USB.
2. Once you've connected your Kids Kindle Edition Fire to a computer with a USB cable (sold separately), your Kids Kindle Edition Fire will appear in the same location as external USB drives usually appear. For Windows users, this is typically in the "Computer" or "My Computer" menu.
3. Open the Kindle drive; you will see several folders inside. You may need to unlock your Kids Kindle Edition Fire before it can be opened on your computer.
4. Locate the movies and drag and drop it into the applicable content folder.
5. Safely eject your Kids Kindle Edition Fire from your computer and unplug the USB cable.
Tips: Movies will appear in the Gallery app. Note that videos transferred via USB will only be available in the Gallery app. Only movies from the Amazon Video store are shown in the Video library.
Transfer Kids Kindle Edition Fire Incompatible Movies
Amazon has listed the supported file formats clearly. Please check directly below:
Audio formats supported by Kindle Fire tablets: AAC, MP3, MIDI, OGG, WAV
Video formats supported by Kindle Fire tablets: MP4, VP8, 3GP, WebM, M4V, 3G2
Please pay attention to the specific parameters like video resolution, bitrate, and frame rate for each supported format because the maximum video resolution is 1920*1080, and the maximum frame rate is 30. You can check onAmazon official site for more details.
Thus, if you want to copy movies to Kids Kindle Edition Fire in other formats like MKV, WMV, AVI, FLV, MTS, M2TS, MOV, MPEG, MPG, MOD, TiVo, VOB, etc, you will need reformat these video files first. You can try this professional Kindle Edition Fire Video Converter / Mac Version to batch convert videos in various formats up to 1080p to the Kids Kindle Edition Fire playable format (e.g. MP4). With it you can change the movie resolution in 1920*1080, frame rate at 30 as I mentioned Kids Kindle Edition Fire limitation above. Download the software and let’s start the conversion.
How to Convert Kids Kindle Edition Fire Incompatible Movies into MP4
First, download the Kindle Edition Fire video converter through the above link. Install and launch it on your computer. Then click “File”to add the incompatible movies to the program.
Second, Follow “Android” ＞ “Amazon Kindle Fire HD (*.mp4)” in the format list.
Third, Change the movie resolution in 1920*1080, frame rate at 30.
Final, one click “Convert” to start conversion for Kids Kindle Edition Fire. The converting duration depends on the size of the file you want to convert.
When the conversion is finished, you can stream the converted incompatible movies to Kids Kindle Edition Fire via USB which I have introduced.
Related program: If you have the intention to transfer Blu-ray, DVD movies as well as your personal HD video files to Kindle Fire HD, you'd better get the best all-in-one video convert tool Blu-ray Video Converter to have fastest and most effective conversion.
- How to Convert Videos to Kindle or other E-Read Devices?
- Convert MKV/AVI/Divx /Tivo/MPG/VOB/FLV to Fire HD Kids
- How to Rip and Put DVD movies to Kindle Fire HDX for playing
- Enable Kindle Fire HDX, Kindle Fire HD to Play MPG/MPEG
- Play DVD ISO/IFO on Kindle Fire HDX, Kindle Fire HD with Preferred Subtitles