"I am not able to play AVI video files in WMP (Windows Media Player) 12. It says these files are not supported by WMP. Can you suggest a remedy."
We found many users and our client have the difficulties playing AVI video on Windows Media Player 12. Don’t worry, now we share you why sometimes Windows Media Player 12 doesn’t support AVI and best solution for better playing AVI on Windows Media Player 12.
AVI Codec Pack not installed
AVI is a very old container format, the video stream could be compressed using the DivX, Xvid, H.264, VP9 or MPEG-4 codec. If your AVI file contains a video stream that uses a more modern codec for compression, Windows Media Player 12 may not be able to play it because it can’t decompress that particular codec. So you need install the appropriate codecs on your computer.
Corrupted or damaged AVI files
If the right AVI codec pack have been installed, but Windows media player 12 can’t still play the AVI files, your AVI files may be corrupted. In this case, you can play the corrupted or damaged AVI files on other players or devices to check if this is the reason.
AVI Format not converted properly
If you use sub-standard conversion method, you’re still faced with AVI files can not be played on Windows Media Player 12. It is recommended to ensure the best and most advanced conversion method applied to ensure that users get the best results.
Solution 1. Install AVI codecs for Windows Media Player
You can install the missing codec that Windows Media Player needs to play AVI files. Here is AVI codecs website:
You just needs to visit the URL, click the download link to start the downloading of the codecs and the related file is to be saved. Then run the downloaded file and the prompts are followed in this regard to install the program. Once done a system restart is required. Then you can play AVI files on Windows Media Player with smoothness.
Solution 2. Convert unsupported AVI files to Windows Media Player 12 friendly format
In order to convert your AVI to Windows Media Player 12 supported format quickly and easily, it's time for you to try out the professional yet easy-to-use Video Converter - Pavtube Video Converter. It features a simple yet sleek interface and performs files conversion up to 30X faster enables you to complete the task in just a few clicks at your fingertips.
Hot features of Pavtube Video Converter
- Wide range of formats - works with over 250 audio and video formats including H.265.
- High Quality conversion - It does not lose quality when it converts video.
- Quick conversion - Brings about conversion at seed of up to 30X.
- Custom Video - Personalize videos with diversified video editing tools.
- Allow you to complete the conversion process with three simple clicks.
- Compatible with Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows XP.
Using Pavtube Video Converter you can also convert various video to Windows Media Player supported formats:
- Pavtube old official address: http://www.pavtube.com/video_converter/
- Cnet Download: http://download.cnet.com/Pavtube-Video-Converter/3000-2194_4-75734821.html
- Softonic Download: http://pavtube-video-converter.en.softonic.com/
User guide to Change AVI to suitable format for Windows Media Player 12
Step 1. Load your AVI files
Install and run this Video Converter, drag-and-drop AVI file to the program window, or go to the menu bar and choose Convert > Add Files Files to locate your AVI file. Note: this smart converter allows batch conversion to save your time, you can add as many AVI files as you want onto it.
Step 2. Choose Windows Media Player 12 format
Click the “Format” bar to get the drop-down menu and you can get “Common Video -> WMV3 (WMV9) (*.wmv)”or "HD Video" > "HD WMV" as the best output format for playing in Windows Media Player 12.
You can click on the Settings button to set additional parameters for both the audio and video; including resolution, frame rate, encoder, bitrates and etc. Before converting, you can preview your videos real-time in the preview pane as well as personalize your video by trimming, cropping, watermarking and adding some other effects.
Step 3. Begin AVI to Windows Media Player 12 conversion
Hit “Convert” and let this smart AVI to Windows Media Player Video Converter do the rest for you! Have a nice day!
- 3D AVI Converter: Easily Create 3D AVI Files with 2D Videos
- How to Solve can't insert AVI video to Keynote?
- Easy way to Convert AVI to MP3 on Mac (Including macOS Sierra)
- How to Play AVI on PS4 Pro
- How to Play AVI on Roku 4?