Besides watching movies on Apple TV 4 through its built-in apps, you can also stream and play your local files on Apple TV 4. However, Mac users who have lots of MXF files captured with Canon/Sony/Panasonic P2 camcorders, may be disappointed to find that Apple TV 4 does not read MXF files. The main reason is that MXF files is not included in Apple TV 4 compatible file formats list as below:
-H.264 video up to 1080p, 30 frames per second, High or Main Profile level 4.0 or lower, Baseline profile level 3.0 or lower with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps per channel, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats
- MPEG-4 video up to 2.5 Mbps, 640 by 480 pixels, 30 frames per second, Simple Profile with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats
- Motion JPEG (M-JPEG) up to 35 Mbps, 1280 by 720 pixels, 30 frames per second, audio in ulaw, PCM stereo audio in .avi file format
Therefore, to stream and play MXF files on Apple TV 4 without interruption, you’d better convert MXF to Apple TV 4 playable formats listed above. You can carry out the conversion with a powerful MXF to Apple TV 4 conversion program calledPavtube Video Converter for Mac, the program helps you to directly transcode MXF files to Apple TV optimized 1080p file format with AC3 5.1 pass-through and AAC stereo.
In addition perform the conversion from MXF to Apple TV 4, the program also has the great capability to convert AVI, WMV, FLV, MKV, VOB, Tivo, etc to Apple TV 4 playable formats.
For streaming Blu-ray/DVD disc movies on Apple TV 4 on Mac OS X El Capitan, Pavtube iMedia Converter for Mac is recommended to you.
- Pavtube old official address: http://www.pavtube.com/video-converter-mac/
- Amazon Store Download: http://www.amazon.com/Pavtube-Video-Converter-Mac-Download/dp/B00QIBK0TQ
- Cnet Download: http://download.cnet.com/Pavtube-Video-Converter/3000-2194_4-76179460.html
How to stream and play MXF files on Apple TV 4 Mac OS X El Capitan?
Step 1: Import MXF files.
Start up the program on your computer, import MXF files by clicking "File" > "Load Video/Audio" or "Load from Folder" to the program.
Step 2: Define an output file format.
Go to "Format" drop-down bar, select Apple TV 4 playable format from "Apple TV" > "Apple TV 3 1080p Dolby Digital Pass-through(*.m4v) ".
Step 3: Start MXF file to Apple TV 4 conversion process.
Press the right-bottom "Convert" button to carry out the conversion process. When the conversion is completed, you will get no problem to transfer and stream MXF files to Apple TV 4.
Play HD video on Apple TV with Dobly Digital 5.1 pass-through sounds.
How to Stream and Play Video_TS Files via Apple TV 3
Convert Blu-ray to Multi-track MP4 for Apple TV 3 on Mac
Convert Hauppuage PVR Video Files for Using with Apple TV 3
How to sync H.265 to Apple TV 3?