As we know, Sony HDR-MV1 Music Video Recorder is a compact digital camcorder which still have a place for shooting video that's better than what your smartphone offers, but even standalone camcorders tend to offer subpar audio. Thus the mts files it produces are of high video quality and audio quality.
MTS, MP4: MPEG-4 AVC/H.264
1920x1080 30p (MP4)
Video Actual (Pixel)
MPEG-4 AAC-LC 2ch, MPEG-4 Linear PCM 2ch (48kHz/16bit)
Now it is very convenient to shoot some awesome video chips for a wonderful vacation, graduation ceremony, happy parties, weddings or other meaningful moments with this Sony HDR-MV1 Music Video Recorder. What making many people anxious is that the videos shot by HDR-MV1 are in MTS format, which cannot be directly played on PC and Mac, not to mention iPhone, iPad, Apple TV.
To help you out such dilemma, this article here will show you an easy solution to encode Sony HDR-MV1 Recordings to MOV, AVI, MPG, MP4 on PC/Mac with a professional MTS video converter.
Here Pavtube MTS/M2TS Converter for Win/Mac is what you need, you can download and save the installation file to your computer. Next, open the folder with the conversion program, click on the installation file and follow the instructions on the screen. The conversion process could take a few hours or minutes to complete, depending on the length and size of the movie file.
For Example: Change Sony NXCAM 3D MTS into SBS MP4 for a Playback
Overall, this program will be the best solution to finish your request of converting Sony HDR-MV1 Recordings to MOV, AVI, MPG, MP4 on PC/Mac with ease.
It's specific on converting AVCHD/MTS/M2TS files to various video formats in sync and encoding them with preferred video codec for NLE programs on Mac
- It's also a smart assistant to well sync your footage to portable devices for playing back on iPad/iPhone/iPod, Android Devices and media players
- It has added 3D profiles in Format menu. (Side-by-Side, Top-Bottom, or Anaglyph 3D in MKV/MP4/MOV/WMV/AVI)
- Offers you editor to edit your MTS/M2TS video before converting it to MOV, AVI, MPG, MP4
- Compatible with Mac OS X Mavericks, Mountain Lion and Snow Leopard
- Support batch conversion which means that you are allowed to import and convert numerous multimedia files one time for faster conversion.
- Portable device preset that let you quickly and easily play your favorite stuff on your preferred mobile device.
Step 1. Get this program installed; click the top icon to import mts files or from AVCHD folder from Sony HDR-MV1.
Step 2. Select MOV, AVI, MPG, MP4 format from the Output Format List.
Click the drop-down list on the bottom, you will find various presets for different programs and devices, just choose the one you need.
Tip: If you like, you can click "Settings" to change the video encoder, resolution, frame rate, etc. I found the file size and video quality is based more on bitrate than resolution which means itrate higher results in big file size, and lower visible quality loss.
Step 3. Start Sony HDR-MV1 MTS to MOV, AVI, MPG, MP4 Conversion
Click the "Convert" button to start converting HDR-MV1 mts Videos to MOV, AVI, MPG, MP4 for viewing, strorage, or sharing at any time.
Read more guides:
- Tips on Uploading GoPro MP4 Videos on YouTube
- Transcode 4K M2TS videos to AVI HD for Sony Vegas Pro
- Reduce Videos from 1080p to 720p with Original High Quality
- Troubled in Adding MP4 to iTunes library?