Summary: Are you mad that H.265/HEVC can’t be edited in EDIUS 5/6/7/8? So want to convert H.265/HEVC to EDIUS but don’t know how to do it? It’s resolved here.
Hot search: MKV to EDIUS Pro 8 | GoPro MP4 to EDIUS Pro 7 | AVI to EDIUS 7/7.01 | Panasonic DVCPro HD MXF to EDIUS Pro 7
With the smaller size and higher quality, H.265/HEVC codec has become more and more popular codec used by more camcorder brands. High Efficiency Video Coding (HEVC), also known as H.265, promises twice the compression possible with Blu-ray’s best video compression methods. But how does it work, and is it enough to get us better-looking 4K content. Unfortunately, H.265 has not be popular enough to accepted by most NLEs like EDIUS, players or devices so we need some third-party H.265/HEVC Video Converter that can handle this kind of codec much well.
EDIUS Pro supported format for file import:
From the above table lists, we can see there EDIUS Pro has no file import support for H.265/HEVC compressed 4K video files. Therefore, how to successfully import H.265/HEVC to EDIUS becomes a hot issue. Since EDIUS lacks GPU acceleration for transcoding H.265/HEVC 4K video files, you will need to employ a third-party application to perform the video codec transcoding process for you. After multiple testing, I found Pavtube Video Converter is the best option. It is able to convert H.265/HEVC to EDIUS friendly format MPEG-2 easily with the best video quality. Besides H.265/HEVC, this video convert program can also help to convert between any popular video and audio formats as you need. Plus, with the built-in video editing feature of the program, you can trim, crop, add watermark and more to your video files.
- Pavtube old official address: http://www.pavtube.com/video_converter/
- Amazon Download: http://download.cnet.com/Pavtube-Video-Converter/3000-2194_4-75734821.html
- Cnet Download: http://download.cnet.com/Pavtube-Video-Converter/3000-2194_4-75734821.html
How to edit H.265/HEVC in EDIUS 5/6/7/8?
Step 1: As soon as you download and install the program, launch it and when the main interface pops up in front of us, just click the “Add Video” or “Add from Folder” to let in.
Step 2: Click the drop-down list in the format line to get the format box. Then choose “Adobe Premiere/Sony Vegas>>MPEG-2 (*.mpg)” as output format.
Step 3: Click “Settings” button to customize the output video and audio settings by yourself. But if you are not good at it, you’d better use the default parameters, they will ensure you a good balance between file size and image quality basically. You can change the resolution, bit rate, frame rate as you need.
Step 4: After that, click “Convert” to start H.265/HEVC to MPEG-2 conversion.
Conclusion: After conversion, you can get the generated files by clicking “Open” button. Now, you’ll get no troubles in editing H.265/HEVC files in EDIUS 5/6/7/8.
- How to Edit MKV, AVI, MTS, TS, MXF, VOB, WMV, Tivo on Edius 7/8?
- Import Alpha a7S XAVC-S to Premiere Pro/After Effects for Editing
- Convert Sony TD10 3D MTS to AIC MOV for iMovie/FCE Editing
- Convert Canon C100 Mark II AVCHD to DNxHD MOV for Avid MC
- Smoothly Edit Sony F55/F5 4K XAVC in Final Cut Pro 6/7
- Import JVC GY-HM200 AVCHD/MOV to Premiere Pro
- Stream FLAC to Apple TV to Play FLAC on Apple TV