However, things may sometimes go wrong when working with H.264 codec in Avid MC. In fact, H.264 is the ubiquitous codec, and it looks like it will stay for quite some time. Avid Media Composer supports H.264 via AMA Link. Well, if you failed on this try, another solution is introduced. From Avid Media Composer official website you will learn that DNxHD codec was developed by Avid technology, and it is natively supported by Avid Media Composer. So the second method is to convert H.264 MP4 to DNxHD for Avid editing. Then you can edit them in Avid Media Composer natively without codec issue anymore.
The most powerful but easy to use third party software Pavtube HD Video Converter for Mac, with it’s help, you can perfectly transcode H.264 to DNxHD codec for your Avid Media Composer on Mac. besides prores codec, you don’t need to worry about the quality, video and audio synchronization is perfectly guaranteed, you will get top quality videos for editing with Avid Media Composer. Besides, it has many native formats or codecs supported, such as Prores for FCP, AIC for iMovie/FCE, etc. you can use it to convert HD formats to any formats you need.(Read review)
- Pavtube old official address: http://www.pavtube.com/hd-video-converter-mac/
- AppStore Download: https://itunes.apple.com/de/app/pavtube-hd-video-converter/id502792488?mt=12
- Amazon Download: http://www.amazon.com/Pavtube-Video-Converter-Mac-Download/dp/B00QI9GNZS
- Cnet Download: http://download.cnet.com/Pavtube-HD-Video-Converter/3000-2194_4-76177786.html
How to convert Canon PowerShot SX620 HS H.264 video files to DNxHD MOV on Mac?
Step 1. Run this Canon H.264 to Avid Converter, and then click “Add File” button on the top left corner to load the Canon PowerShot SX620 HS H.264 video files that you want to convert.
Step 2. Click the “Profile” bar, and move mouse cursor to “Avid Media Composer” category, then select “Avid DNxHD 1080p(*.mov)” as output format.
Step 3. (Optional) Beside the ‘Settings’ and ‘Edit’ on the main interface, here we would like to introduce you the button ‘Merge into one file’ on the left of the preview window. If you are confused of the batched video clips, it can help you join all the clips into one complete folder.
Step 4. Click “Convert” button to convert canon H.264 to DNxHD MOV for Avid on Mac. Pavtube HD Video Converter for Mac will start the Canon PowerShot SX620 HS H.264 video files to DNxHD conversion immediately.
Step 5. When the canon H.264 to DNxHD conversion process is done, you can click ”Open Folder” button and get the generated DNxHD .mov videos, and then you can import converted Canon H.264 files into Avid Media Composer for editing with native DNxHD codec.
- Import Samsung NX1 H.265 to FCP X on Mac Yosemite
- How to get Sony Handycam mts into FCP on Mac OS X 10.6.8
- Convert Canon C300 Mark II 4K MXF to Avid MC on Mac
- Tips of Importing Canon C100 MTS to Premiere/Sony Vegas
- Edit Panasonic GX8 AVCHD/MP4 in Avid Media Composer
- Edit MOV Files in Avid Media Composer