Summary: This article aims to give you a solution to convert Panasonic AJ-PX380 P2 MXF to MPEG-2 for smoothly editing in Sony Vegas Pro 13/12/11.
The PX380, expected to release in September 2015, will record in AVC-LongG to output on-air content direct from the shooting location and for workflows using content transferred over the Internet. The camera will capture at different AVC-LongG bit rates - AVC-LongG50/25 keeps 10 bit, 4:2:2 quality at bit rates of approximately 50/25 Mbps, and the more economical AVC-LongG12 is optimized for wireless field workflows.
Well, something frustrating, if you want to put the clips from Panasonic AJ-PX380 to Sony Vegas Pro 13/12/11 for editing, you will meet problems. The recordings from AJ-PX380 in MXF format can not be played or recognized by Sony Vegas Pro 13/12/11 easily. Up to now, Sony Vegas seems to work fine if you import your P2 MXF footages directly from cameras, but if you have already copied P2 MXF recordings to your HDD or you download them from somewhere, the importing error may jump out. If you accidentally meet with the problem, the best solution is to convert P2 MXF to MPEG-2, the format which is proved to be the most compatible one with Sony Vegas.
Well, Pavtube Video Converter is highly recommended here to help you achieve your goal. It's an easy-to-use yet professional (P2) MXF converter, player and editor. The program is capable of converting PX380 P2 MXF as well as Canon XF, Sony XDCAM to DNxHD, MPEG-2 etc on Windows for smoothly importing and editing in various non-linear editing systems, including Avid Media Composer 5.5/6.0/6.5, Adobe Premiere Pro and more.
- Pavtube old official address: http://www.pavtube.com/video_converter/
- Amazon Download: http://download.cnet.com/Pavtube-Video-Converter/3000-2194_4-75734821.html
- Cnet Download: http://download.cnet.com/Pavtube-Video-Converter/3000-2194_4-75734821.html
How to convert Panasonic AJ-PX380 P2 MXF to Sony Vegas Pro 13/12/11?
Step 1: Click “Add video” button to load Panasonic AJ-PX380 P2 MXF files or directly drag the files into file list. By default, the files are selected. You can delete files which you don’t want to import to.
Step 2: Click “Format” bar to determine output format. For best image quality, click the format bar and choose “Adobe Premiere/Sony Vegas>>MPEG-2 (*.mpg)” as output format.
Step 3: Click “Convert” button to start to convert Panasonic AJ-PX380 P2 MXF to MPEG-2 MPG format. After conversion, import the converted MXF videos to Sony Vegas Pro 13/12/11 for real time editing and mastering.
Conclusion: You can set auto shutdown in progress window or leave it there and come back later. There is no more difficulty in editing Panasonic AJ-PX380 P2 MXF in Sony Vegas Pro 13/12/11.
- Solutions to the problems with Canon XF Plugin for Final Cut Pro
- How to Convert NX500 H.265/HEVC 4K Video to Ultra HDTV for Playing
- No Audio Channels–Import Sony A7s MP4 to Resolve 10/11
- Convert Sony 4K XAVC S to MOV, MP4, AVI, MPG, WMV, FLV, SWF, on PC/Mac
- Convert 3D MTS Movies for Playback with SBS 3D MOV/MP4/MKV/AVI
- Convert DJI Inspire 1 4K Files to 1080p for Editing on Mac/PC
- Easily import Sony XDCAM EX Footage to Avid, Premiere, Sony Vegas, Pinnacle, CyberLink, Windows Movie Maker
- How to Play 4K Blu-ray on PC?