Summary: To import GX8 AVCHD/MP4 to Avid MC is actually a piece of cake. This guide lets you easily enjoy converting GX8 AVCHD/MP4 to DNxHD MOV.
The black Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX8 is a sleek, compact mirrorless camera enabling versatile, multimedia recording. In addition to the versatile still shooting modes, the GX8 also supports recording 4K UHD (3840*2160) video in the MP4 format. Full HD 1080p/60 is also supported, in both MP4 and AVCHD formats. But there are a few issues when it comes to viewing, importing and editing GX8 AVCHD/MP4 in Avid Media Composer.
“I want to buy Panasonic GX8. It can shoot video with AVCHD but wanted to check the better encoder. I’m working with Avid and it does not recognize the 4K file. How to solve this problem? How to import MTS video to Avid on Mac?”
If we want to import and edit Panasonic GX8 AVCHD/MP4 in Avid MC, the result may let you down- these popular video editing programs won't open the 4K footage from Panasonic GX8 correctly. Maybe an upgrade version of editing software could help. Still stuck with unsuccessful attempts? Perhaps there is some required codec missing or it is an incompatible video file format.
In this case, the easy workaround is to convert GX8 AVCHD/MP4 video to DNxHD, which is the best codec with best results when working with Avid MC. To finish the job, Pavtube HD Video Converter for Mac (review) would be the great help. The program can effortlessly encode/re-encode 4K H.264(MP4/MOV), XAVC, XAVC S, etc footage for smoothly importing and editing in various non-linear editing systems.
- Pavtube old official address: http://www.pavtube.com/hd-video-converter-mac/
- Amazon Store Download: http://www.amazon.com/Pavtube-Video-Converter-Mac-Download/dp/B00QI9GNZS
- AppStore Download: https://itunes.apple.com/de/app/pavtube-hd-video-converter/id502792488?mt=12
- Cnet Download: http://download.cnet.com/Pavtube-HD-Video-Converter/3000-2194_4-76177786.html
How to import Panasonic GX8 4K video to Avid?
Step 1: Launch the HD Video Converter on your Mac, and then click the “Add video” button to import your source files directly. In order to import several files at one time, you can click “Add from folder” button.
Step 2: Click the “Format” bar to get the drop-down menu and you can get “Avid Media Composer>>Avid DNxHD (*.mov)” as best output format.
Step 3: Click “Settings” button to customize the output video and audio settings by yourself. But if you are not good at it, you’d better use the default parameters, they will ensure you a good balance between file size and image quality basically. You can change the resolution, bit rate, frame rate as you need.
Step 4: Now, click “Convert” and let it go. The program supports batch conversion. So if you have lots of files to convert, check “Shut down computer after conversion” and you can go away without keeping an eye on it.
Conclusion: Once the conversion process shows in 100%, click “Open” to get the output videos. Create a project and start editing GX8 4K video in Avid MC with light speed.
- H.265 to iPhone 6S Video Converter
- Convert HD MKV to New iPhone 6S/6S Plus for Playing
- Convert Canon T6s/760D MP4 to MOV for FCP, iMovie, FCE, Premiere, Avid
- Play MTS/M2TS Recorded by Panasonic on iPad
- Upload Galaxy S6 Edge+ Files to YouTube/Vimeo/Facebook for Sharing
- How to Play AVI/MKV/VOB/WMV on Galaxy Tab S2?
- Play MKV/AVI/VOB/TiVo on Hudl 3/2/1