"I have been looking for a while and I'm still at a loss of the best way to convert an HD movie in MKV format to MOV for playback on my Mac. I have tried HandBrake, but it seems to crash halfway through all the files I've tested so far. Also, if at all possible, I'm looking for something that will be able to convert my MKV files to MOV so that I can be watching them on QuickTime with El Capitan."
Consequently, provided that you are apt to play MKV on QuickTime on Mac (El Capitan) without any efforts, all you need is to convert MKV to QuickTime acceptable formats like MP4 and MOV. But in a wink, you will be haunted by the ensuing problem that is how to convert MKV to QuickTime on Mac easily. Take it easy, here recommends you a professional yet feature-rich MKV to QuickTime converter for Mac-Pavtube Video Converter for Mac to easily convert MKV to QuickTime MP4, MOV, etc. with zero quality loss.
Hot Search: YouTube to MOV | H.265 to QuickTime MOV | AVCHD/MTS/M2TS/M2T/TS to QuickTime MOV
Key Features of Pavtube Video Converter.
- Convert almost all HD/SD audio/video formats: All types of audios and videos (e.g. SD/HD/Tivo/DRV/Camcorder HD/AVCHD footages, etc) to almost any audio and video formats.
- hange default settings: You can change the parameters such as video size, bitrate, frame rate, and channels for your video file according to your need to get the best output effect.
- Batch conversion: Handle multiple videos and realize batch conversion to save your time and energy.
- Merging & splitting: Merge several video clips into one bigger file and splitting one video file into several clips according to the clip quantity, duration time and file size.
- Create new output format: Adjust profile parameters, rename and save it for future use.
- Supported OS: Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan, Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite, 10.9 Mavericks, 10.8 Mountain Lion, 10.7 Lion, 10.6 Snow Leopard, 10.5 Leopard
How to Convert MKV to QuickTime MOV on Mac El Capitan
First free download and install Pavtube Video Converter on your Mac, and then launch it. Now just follow the step by step guide to make editing work more smoothly.
Step 1: Run it and click “File” > “Add Video/Audio” or “Add from Folder” to import files. You can also directly drag and drop the files.
Step 2: As MOV is natively supported by QuickTime player on Mac, just go to the format list by clicking the format bar and choose “Common Video” and pick “MOV - QuickTime (*.mov).”
Step 3: Specify output folder on your computer to save the output files. Click the "Browse" button to choose the path where you want to save the output files in.
Click the "Convert" button at the lower right corner of the interface to begin to convert MKV to MOV.
After the conversion is finished, you can transfer the video to your desired output devices or editor for enjoyment.