Hello: Does anyone have any suggestions on how to ingest Sony XAVC-L into Vegas Pro 13? As of now I have not been able to edit this format. The other 2 formats XAVC-I and Mpeg422 have been perfect.
Why can’t successfully import Sony PXW Z150 4K XAVC-L files into Sony Vegas Pro?
Reading from Sony Vegas Pro official website, we found that all versions of Sony Vegas Pro even the latest version Sony Vegas Pro 13 won’t allow XAVC-L importing.
How to Solve Sony Vegas Pro won’t edit Sony PXW Z150 4K XAVC-L files issue?
As Sony Vegas Pro cannot work with Sony PXW Z150 4K XAVC-L files due to the codec issue, to get rid of the trouble, we need to convert Sony PXW Z150 4K XAVC-L footage to Sony Vegas Pro preferred codec and then transfer the converted videos to Sony Vegas Pro for editing. Sony Vegas Pro supported file type are as follow:
Sony Vegas Pro 13 Supported open file formats:
MOV, WMV, H.264, AA3, AAF, AIF, ASF, AU, AVC, AVI, BMP, BWF, CDA, DIG, DLX, DPX, DV, EXR, FLAC, GIF, HDP, IVC, JPEG, AVCHD, M2T, M2TS, MVC, Sony MXF (XDCAM and HDCAM SR), MP3, MP4, M4A, MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 video, OGG, MPO, OMA, Panasonic MXF (DVCPRO, AVC-Intra) PCA, PSD, QT, R3D, PNG, SFA, SND, TIFF, TGA, W64, WAV, VOX, WDP, WMA, XAVC Intra MXF, XAVC S
Other version of Sony Vegas Pro Supported open file formats:
AA3, AAF, AIF, ASF, AU, AVI, BMP, BWF, CDA, DIG, DLX, DPX, DV, EXR, FLAC, GIF, HDP, IVC, JPG, M2T, M2TS, MOV, Sony MXF (XDCAM and HDCAM SR), MP3, MP4, M4A, MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 video, OGG, OMA, Panasonic MXF (DVCPRO 25, 50, 100, AVC-Intra 50, 100), PCA, PNG, PSD, QT, R3D, SFA, SND, TIFF, TGA, VOX, W64, WAV, WDP, WMA, WMV
Note: Although so many formats are supported by Sony Vegas Pro, the best choice for you is to convert Sony PXW Z150 4K XAVC-L footage to MPEG-2, which is the most friendly video format to enable you edit smoothly.
Among hundreds of video converter, we here recommend you the top rated Pavtube Video Converter for Mac (best 4K XAVC L converter)) the most powerful and easy-to-use app that can help you convert Sony PXW Z150 4K XAVC-L video to Sony Vegas Pro compatible video format with original quality with superfast speed, I guess there probably no guys willing to spend a whole after to convert a 30-minutes video. So the both time and trouble saving choice is suitable for you. And all you need is to drag the result videos for playing and editing, and the Pavtube video Converter will do the last job for you.
- H.265 to Sony Vegas Pro
- 1080p video to Sony Vegas Pro
- Samsung H.265 to Sony Vegas Pro
- MP4 to Sony Vegas Pro
- MXF to Sony Vegas Pro
Free download or Purchase Mac version:
- Pavtube old official address: http://www.pavtube.com/video-converter-mac/
- Cnet Download: http://download.cnet.com/Pavtube-Video-Converter/3000-2194_4-76179460.html
Free download or Purchase Windows version:
- Pavtube old official address: http://www.pavtube.com/video_converter/
- Cnet Download: http://download.cnet.com/Pavtube-Video-Converter/3000-2194_4-75734821.html
Step tutorial for 4K XAVC-L to MPEG-2 conversion workflow
Step 1.install and run the XAVC-L to MPEG-2 Converter ; click “Add Videos” icon to load your source XAVC videos from Sony PXW Z150.
Step 2. Select the right output one for Premiere Pro 12. Click “Format” pull down list to select Adobe Premiere/Sony Vegas> MPEG-2(*.mpg) as the best video format for Sony Vegas Pro. WMV, MOV formats are the good choice as well. You can click Settings to adjust video and audio parameters to get the best quality video.
Step 3. Here are some additional functions which are deserved for us to have a try. Or on the main interface, we can finally tap the ‘Convert’ button to end the conversion work. When the conversion is finished, you can click “Open” button to get the generated MPEG-2 files effortlessly. Afterwards, you can launch your editing program to import converted XAVC-L clips into Sony Vegas Pro for further editing.
- Can FCP X Read XAVC-L Files Natively with no Conversion?
- Import and Edit Sony PXW-F7S 4K XAVC-L to FCP X on Mac OS X El Capitan
- Native Sony PXW Z150 XAVC-L Files Editing with Windows Movie Maker
- Import and Edit Sony PXW Z150 XAVC-L to iMovie
- Solve Sony PXW-X400 XAVC-L Format Incompatible Issue with Premiere Elements 14
- How to Compress/Convert 4K Video for Editing with Windows Movie Maker?
- Can Final Cut Pro X Edit DJI Phantom 4K video?
- Import and Edit Sony A6300 4K XAVC S to Avid Media Composer
- How to Upscale 1080P to 4K on Mac or Windows?