In AE, all imported .*mkv files will show the video just fine, but I can hear no audio. The speaker icon will show up in the timeline, but if I view the Waveform, I now get two flat lines. It is as if the Audio was -48.00 dB, but it is set to 0.00. I have even tried to push it up to +12.00 dB, but the Waveform displays only the flat lines.
As far as I know, MKV is a filename extension for the Matroska multimedia container, an envelope for which there can be many audio, video and subtitles streams, that is why MKV are used to store a complete movie or CD in a single file.
If the MKV files are not accepted by After Effects or video only(no audio), it’s probably because of containing multi-track audio and the the audio cannot be all recognized by After Effects.
According to our tests, the easy workaround is to convert MKV to a different format such as MPEG-2, AVI, MOV for After Effects without quality loss. You can easily finish the job along with some help from Pavtube Video Converter(Best Video Converter Review).
Related Key Features of Pavtube Video Converter:
- Pavtube Video Converter can help you convert multimedia MKV to MPEG-2, AVI, MOV for After Effects without quality loss.
- Besides pre-set compatible MPEG-2 for After Effects, Pavtube Video Converter also has pre-set compatible format for Sony Vegas, Adobe Premiere, Windows Movie Maker,etc.
- Pavtube Video Converter can join different source MKV videos together and output a single video. Then you can enjoy a long output movie.
- Pavtube Video Converter able to customize the output profile, users can adjust the output Resolution, Bitrate, Frame Rate, Encoder, Channels, and Sample Rate.
The trail-before-purchase is supported, just feel free to try it, it is 100% clean and safe:
- Pavtube old official address: http://www.pavtube.com/video_converter/
- Amazon Download: http://download.cnet.com/Pavtube-Video-Converter/3000-2194_4-75734821.html
- Cnet Download: http://download.cnet.com/Pavtube-Video-Converter/3000-2194_4-75734821.html
Free get Pavtube Video Converter(compatible with Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows XP, and Windows Vista), it can help you convert XAVC-L videos to WMV in a short time. All of these functions are user-friendly and you can learn about it easily.
If you are a Mac user, and in need of edit the MKV videos in Final Cut Pro 7 / X, Avid, iMovie, etc. Please turn to Pavtube Video Converter for Mac.
Convert MKV files to MPEG-2 for After Effects without Quality Loss
Step 1: Import MKV source files.
Click the button “File” to add MKV source files (or directly drag and drop your files) to the Converter.
Tip: If you want to merge MKV source files before edit in After Effects, just need to check the “Merge into one” box.
Step 2: Select an output format for After Effects.
Click “Format” bar to select suitable format for After Effects. Go to the format list and pick “MPEG-2 (*.mpg)” under “Adobe Premiere/Sony Ve…” option.
Optional: If you would like to customize the video and audio parameters, you can click "Settings", adjust the parameters as you want, like Video Codec, aspect ratio, bit rate, frame rate, Audio codec, sampling rate, bit rate, channels.
Step 3: Click "Convert" to start to convert MKV files to MPEG-2 for After Effects.
Once the conversion completes, simply click “Open” button to get the converted MPEG-2 files. And now you can bring the output MPEG-2 files into After Effects to create your own masterpieces.
Pavtube MTS/M2TS Converter / Mac Version：The best AVCHD(MTS/M2TS) converter on the market, which can convert AVCHD(MTS/M2TS) videos and other HD formats to FCP X Apple ProRes codec MOV format, or convert AVCHD(MTS/M2TS) to Avid Media Composer/Adobe Premiere Pro/iMovie native supported video format.
>> Solution: No Sound When Import MTS Files to Adobe After Effects.
Pavtube MXF Converter / Mac Version: can handle MXF/MXF footage produced by Canon, Sony and Panasonic camcorders and convert MXF video files to various video format supported by popular devices such as iPad Air/4/3, iPhone 5S/5C/5/4S/4, Apple TV 3, Google Nexus, Samsung Galaxy Tab S/3/2, Samsung Galaxy S5/S4/S3, Surface RT/Pro, PS4/PS3, WDTV, etc.
>> Edit MXF P2 Media in Adobe After Effects CC.
- DJI & NLEs: Edit DJI Phantom 4 4k videos in After Effects CC
- Help: Working AVI Files in After Effects
- MXF & After Effects CS6 Workflow: Can After Effects CS6 Support MXF Files?
- Import Sony A68 4K XAVC S to After Effects CC for Editing
- How to Make Adobe After Effects Work with All MP4 Files without Any Issues?