The new Sony HXR-NX100 XAVC S brings high-quality performance, adaptability, and ease of use to a compact, handheld body. The camcorder features a single Exmor R sensor with Full HD 1920x1080 resolution, Sony G lens with 12x optical zoom range, and a 24x Clear Image Zoom. With it, you can capture videos in XAVC S, AVCHD 2.0 or DV Recording Codecs. However, many folks are having problems when importing Sony HXR-NX100 XAVC S footage to Premiere Pro CC or Pro CS6.
Obviously, the new XAVC S codec is not good for Mac editing, it takes long time to render, so we can't edit Sony HXR-NX100 XAVC S files smoothly in Adobe Premiere Pro CC/CS6 or After Effects CC, FCP X, FCP 6/7, iMovie, Avid Media Composer, DaVinci Resolve, Kdenlive, Keynote, Apple Aperture 3 and so on.
To avoid these problems or limit, it will be better to convert Sony HXR-NX100 XAVC S codec to a more "edit" friendly codec for Premiere Pro CC/CS6/CS5.5/CS5/CS4. Pavtube HD Video Converter for Mac is highly recommended here, which can be used as a professional XAVC S Video Converter under Mac OS X Leopard (10.5), Snow Leopard (10.6), Lion (10.7), Mountain Lion (10.8), Mavericks(10.9), Yosemite(10.10), El Capitan(10.11). With it, you can effortlessly transcode XAVC to MPEG-2 for Adobe Premiere Pro CC/CS6 with faster speed and keep original quality at the mean while. For those who need to work XAVC S files on Windows, please get HD Video Converter.
Download the Mac XAVC S Video Converter software and follow the guide to finish the conversion task.
- Pavtube old official address: http://www.pavtube.com/hd-video-converter-mac/
- AppStore Download: https://itunes.apple.com/de/app/pavtube-hd-video-converter/id502792488?mt=12
- Amazon Download: http://www.amazon.com/Pavtube-Video-Converter-Mac-Download/dp/B00QI9GNZS
- Cnet Download: http://download.cnet.com/Pavtube-HD-Video-Converter/3000-2194_4-76177786.html
How to edit Sony HXR-NX100 XAVC S files in Premiere Pro CC/CS6?
Step 1: Launch it and add XAVC S footage to the software by clicking "Add video" or "Add from folder" button.
Step 2: Click Format bar and choose output format. For editing Sony HXR-NX100 XAVC S in Adobe Premiere Pro CC/CS 6, Under "Adobe Premiere/Sony Vegas" and choose "MOV(AVC)(*mov)" as output format for editing in Adobe PP natively.
Step 3: Hit on the "Convert" button and start to convert Sony HXR-NX100 XAVC S to Premiere Pro CC/CS 6 Mac conversion.
When the conversion is done, simply click "Open" button to get the converted XAVC S videos. And then bring HXR-NX100 XAVC S footage into Premiere Pro CC/CS6 for smooth editing.
- Can Premiere Elements 12 Import and Edit Sony 4K XAVC S Files?
- Edit Sony DSC-WX500 XAVC S in DaVinci Resolve Lite
- Convert XAVC to QuickTime MOV for Playback on Windows 10/8.1/8/7
- Encode Zenmuse X5/X5R to DNxHD for Editing with Avid Media Composer
- Open XAVC in VLC Media Player—XAVC Workflo
- Edit Sony PDW-700 XDCAM MXF with Movie Studio 13 Platinum
- Transcode Sony FDR-AX100 4K XAVC-S footage to iMovie or FCE